Now we all know about the track record of this President. He’s managed to disassociate himself from just about every single negative event or aspect of HIS administration. That’s not an easy feat. But, with a willing media and lots of help from various characters in the political arena, he’s done just that. And it’s played well with his base. Several recent polls have reported his popularity rating unchanged, and in some cases, rising slightly! How puzzling is that?…It can all be attributed to the ignorance and obliviousness of the President’s supporters.
Andrew Malcolm at Investors Business Daily has chronicled the unsavory events of the Obama administration. Perhaps this trip down memory lane will persuade a few…a VERY few, mind you…to scratch their head and ask a few questions….we’ll see…
OBAMA’S LONG HISTORY OF SCANDALS — AND ESCAPES!
“The standard rule for handling bad news in politics is to get it all out at once. Take your hits for a news cycle, two or three. And then try to move on.
The conventional wisdom has been that the worst thing to do is allow the bad news to dribble out, poison drop by poison drop, for days, weeks, even months.
Yet that is precisely what Barack Obama has done — and continues to do in his current epidemic of embarrassments — over a decade of controversies and scandals. The amazing thing is, so far, it’s worked like a charm. So, why should he change?
Ignore it. Dismiss it. Dissemble it to death. Didn’t know about it. Point at others. Have others point at others. Have others suggest the criticism is really racial. Stay aloof. Stretch the whole thing out as long as possible. Then call every ensuing question old news, that you’ve discussed it many times. Hope the problem goes away.
And, by golly, usually it has for Obama.
Whether that will work this time in the face of three major, simultaneous scandals and the independent investigations certain to grow from them remains an open question. Will the Chicago Democrat skate again? Or will the events, the lies, the half-truths, the cover-ups forever stain his once-historical presidential legacy?
Barack Obama is no stranger to scandal. Here’s a recap of a few:
– Benghazi should be the most serious scandal since it involved the deaths of four Americans from unpreparedness and inaction in the face of violent attacks and misleading ensuing excuses devised and spoken by the president and those around him.
When Osama bin Laden was whacked by SEALs, we got a minute-by-minute account of what Obama was doing, as if watching on Dronecam from a secure White House basement bunker was some kind of feat.
Truthless TV talking points aside, on Benghazi we still don’t know A) where Obama was throughout the violent night of 9/11, possibly packing for another fundraising foray in Las Vegas, B) Who forbid prepared Special Ops forces from racing to the rescue or C) Why Benghazi consulate security had been reduced despite pleas for more in preceding weeks.
The commander-in-chief has even professed ignorance of eyewitness accounts being muzzled by State Department officials.
– Probably the most serious scandal for Obama, however, is the selective targeting of conservative political groups by the Internal Revenue Service, whose coercive tentacles touch virtually every American.
Typically, Obama says he knew nothing about it. He didn’t even know there was a bombshell investigation about to come out because — wait for it — his chief attorney and chief of staff didn’t think to tell him about the approaching political IED in the weeks before.
This disdain for detail from the man who meticulously designs his own NCAA brackets for a sports special each March.
He has now succeeded in focusing the public discussion on when someone else knew and why she didn’t tell him.
– Obama’s so-called press secretary claims the chief executive has the highest regard for freedom of the press — as in the very First Amendment. However, Obama does not regard as a scandal or violation the FBI naming a reporter professionally pursuing information as a criminal conspirator in order to access his private email account and his parents’ to identify a State Department leaker.
Nor is Obama concerned over the FBI pursuing phone records of AP journalists without even seeking their help. Safe to bet, however, that this administration does not mind the aura of intimidation that hangs over would-be whistle-blowers and their potential press contacts.
The Justice probers, however, have not shown similar diligence in tracking leakers of information that made Obama looked good in the war on terror, which he doesn’t like to call a war on terror.
– The Fast and Furious scandal offered Atty. Gen. Eric Holder the opportunity to claim ignorance of the gun-running operation by agents within his department. They successfully helped drug dealers smuggle hundreds of weapons from the United States into Mexico, resulting in the deaths of scores.
So eager were Obama and Holder to get to the bottom of this lethal mess that when congressional investigators sought internal messages and memos, Obama refused, claiming executive privilege. This claim is now being litigated, which conveniently stretches out the incident.
– Solyndra was a solar-panel company that received more than a half-billion taxpayer dollars before going bankrupt. But it’s just one of dozens of such so-called green energy projects that received billions of dollars in Obama administration subsidies before going belly-up and/or being sold to China. It is perhaps an amazing coincidence that many of these defunct firms had connections to Obama campaign fundraisers.
“Our mutual hatred of America brought us together!”
– Remember the Rev. Jeremiah Wright? He was the Chicago pastor who over 20 years married the Obamas, baptized their children and somehow delivered his startlingly racist, anti-Semitic, anti-American sermons only on Sundays when Obama was absent.
Back in 2008 Obama said he had no recollection of such videotaped outrages and could no more renounce the reverend than his white grandmother — until six weeks later in his bitter primary contest with Hillary Clinton, Obama did renounce Wright. Wright later told Edward Klein, author of “The Amateur,” that he’d been offered a large sum of money to stay quiet about his close relationship with Obama.
“I’m tellin’ ya..it’s a win win for both of us!”
– During Obama’s presidential transition in late 2008, suspicions arose that his team had been in contact with Illinois’ governor over which Democrat should be named to fill Obama’s vacant Senate seat. The governor was later convicted of trying to sell the nomination.
Obama named his own lawyer to investigate his own team and you might not be surprised to learn that Obama’s lawyer completely exonerated Obama’s team.
– The grease of Chicago’s machine politics is a bevy of shadowy, unelected men who fundraise, broker deals and otherwise assist Democrat pols so their hands can look clean. Tony Rezko was one.
We say “was,” because the Syrian-born Rezko now resides in federal prison. But beginning in the 1990s he was a close friend of Obama and Rod Blagojevich, a congressman who would go on with the help of Obama and Rezko to become governor and, now, also a resident of federal prison.
Here’s how it works in the Windy City: After Obama’s Senate election in 2004, he wanted a nicer house. He found one on the South Side but could not afford the asking price, which was enlarged because the seller wanted to include a vacant lot next door.
Obama went to his “friend” Tony for “advice.” Then, here’s what happened: On the very same day that Barack and Michelle closed on the house at a reduced price, Tony Rezko’s wife, who had no visible means of income, purchased the vacant lot at full price. She then peeled off a strip of it to sell to the Obamas.
This made the lot remainder too small for any development, which was OK because it guaranteed the Obamas no close neighbor on that side.
In 2008 the future president dismissed most questions on this as old news. He has never really offered full explanations of the amazing coincidences that benefited him in those deals, though he did once confess poor judgment dealing with Rezko, even as those nosy feds were investigating him.
Oh, by the way, the real estate agent collecting the commission for that land deal was Patti Blagojevich, the then-governor’s wife. So, as usual in Chicago, it was win-win-win financially for the bigs — except, of course, for the prison sentences.”
It’s a lot to think about, I know…But, that’s just it! The people that need to be convinced are NOT thinking about it! The truth is not something they want to face. And that truth is we’ve known the TRUTH about this President for a very long time!